Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
Any tips on keeping new Cleans clean?
Apr 21, 2015 by Enkitaru

New to the Soap Scene and looking Forward to wearing soaps almost anywhere.

Now for any pro tips on how to keep the plate and the shoe itself Clean. Any places to think of getting a better plate as well.
Replies

Apr 21, 2015aname

They'll get scuffed and stuff from use but usually you can just wipe them down.

As for plates, what size do you wear? anything other than the original uhfs are kinda hard to find.

Apr 21, 2015Enkitaru

US size 10. Could probably go a size lower if/when I get a new pair.

But it sounds like they last awhile which is good. I used to inline skate a lot so ive been wanting to get a pair for along time. I like the typical skater shoe etnie look it has. So for a first grab im pleased.

Apr 21, 2015aname

Ahh same here. I usually wear a 9/10 US

Yeah they last a good amount of time. Once the plates have a groove worn in they're even better for royales and other tweaked tricks. Yeah the cleans have the etnies/emerica 1997 look haha, pretty cool.

Apr 22, 2015grug250

keeping the plate clean ....not a hope in hell lol .....but for the shoes i just wipe them down with a wet rag as soon as they get dirty

Apr 22, 2015Enkitaru

Cool so next question. What pair did you guys find to be your favorite based on experience on the rails and style/looks?

Apr 22, 2015gongon1037

My favorite pair are still cleans. I use them more than any pair I have, and I love that u can change and replace grind plates.

Apr 22, 2015grug250

ok my favorite pair by looks is the goa Chernobyl ....my favorite pair to use atm is my scabs but i do like to use sylons but they break

Apr 24, 2015HoushSleyed

I've been looking into some care aid recently...I'm gonna audition some hydrophobic spray(as close to Ultra Ever Dry as I can get, since they don't sell that to 'normals') on my Scabs, and if it works out it'll go on my Cleans. I haven't even taken my Cleans outside yet because I wanna keep them as clean as possible.
I'm also looking into a solid film lubricant to try on the Scabs' grind plates....mostly just to see if it works better than waxing everything I wanna try and grind on. Was looking into some kinda tape for that, but that option was expensive *and* sold out before I could try.
I'll post results here in this thread when I get/try the goods.

Apr 29, 2015Enkitaru

Awesome thanks I am interested in your conclusion.

So far tho ive noticed the lining on the padding is giving away. But that is a simple fix. Might take em to a cobbler one day an have em reinforce the stitching add better pads and make em last longer.

Apr 29, 2015grug250

with soaps pull the inner souls out and chuck them away

May 1, 2015HoushSleyed

So. Bad news, the seller for the lube over-sold themselves and had none for me. BOOO! on that, and some other chachki-vendor.... but I digress. I did get the hydrophobic spray last night! Applied to my Scabs, and then my Cleans when it dried nice and invisible. The brand is Rain Guard Hydro-Lok. I'll note back here after they've fully cured and have been tested.
As for that which I didn't get....
I'm gonna just get my hands on some Sandstorm 28A; that'll make the wait worth it for a good solid film lubricant. ^_^

May 1, 2015HoushSleyed

Didn't think I'd be mentioning this until Sunday....
Wore my Cleans to work today, spray still curing. It has thus far completely deflected water, Winston Wolf Songbird-style coffee(super strong, lotsa sugar lotsa cream), and two commercial versions of everyday cleaning chemicals....one of which has bleach. All that, and my shoes are still...Clean. Safe to say that stuff rocks!

May 1, 2015grug250

madd as man great to hear

May 1, 2015gongon1037

This is what I have been using to keep all my shoes clean.
http://s1168.photobucket.com/user/gongon1037/media/soap/DSC03941_zpsjzsqkp0i.jpg.html?sort=3&;o=2

May 2, 2015Enkitaru

That film sounds awesome. But might just let mine break in nice. Then put em up get a new pair an keep the momentum. Awesome stuff on this site tho you all got some dedication.

May 2, 2015Enkitaru

So far ive grinded down tree roots on hills, benches, Concrete curbs, wooden planks, an typical pipes of course. So far i can grind on anything as long as my placing doesnt screw me.

May 3, 2015grug250

good to hear you can grind on anything man keep it up :)..............thats what S.O.A.P. stands for .Slide On Anything Possible

May 6, 2015mcgrinder2011

*Claps* Very True Greg. Missed me?

May 6, 2015grug250

yeah bro where ya been?

May 6, 2015Waffle

Yes man! though u were dead! Just playin' Welcome back buddy loads has happened!

May 9, 2015mcgrinder2011

I'm glad loads happened guys! but first, I gotta explain myself. The cooling fan on my old laptop went out so I had to get a new one. Spent quite a while saving up the $610 needed for my new one. a good three months. then I got the HP I have now and I already love it. It can handle all my games at a stable 60 fps.

May 9, 2015aname

Welcome back even though I joined after you left I think, haha.
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
Tal Zeltzer hittin a Grinding a tall handrail
Jon Thorpe hittin a Frontside
Ian Chandler hittin a frontside
Ryan hittin a Royale
Derek Brooks hittin a Backside Farfegnugen