Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
noob needs help getting over fear
Sep 16, 2003 by Spartan_117

yeah ima noob i just gopt my soaps today and im kinda scared to do/try anything. does anyone have tips on how to conqure fear? also is it bad to grind on un waxed curbs? Any tips will be appriciated
Replies

Sep 16, 2003Mart

Never, ever grind unwaxed curbs unless they're painted or something. And even if they are, always run your foot over them first to make sure you ain't gonna stack as soon as you try and grind it

Conquering fear is all in your head. Learn where the plates are on your shoes by, like, just jumping onto a curb without running up to it. When you've got that down, walk up to the curb and jump on... then jog up to it, then eventually run up to it

Brand new plates are slick as hell, but you're safe on curbs since they have some form of texture to them and that'll take the top layer of plastic off your plates

Sep 16, 2003Mart

Fucks sake... Derek, if you see this, PLEASE can you make this bitch support line breaks? The comments do it, why does the forum not?

Sep 16, 2003Benji

You should make a practice rail, they help a lot for balance and lock in on plates.

Sep 16, 2003Spartan_117

thanx for help keep it up plz :) also whats the best type of wax to get?and any more pointers are welcomed

Sep 16, 2003Mart

Just use candles. I won't go off on my usual spiel about skate wax, but since you're new to this, you don't wanna go spending an extra $5 for some wax if you end up not getting into Soap as much as you thought as you did

Sep 16, 2003Collin

Dude,im not ripping on you or anything but i cant see why you scard grinding a curb i mean what are you gonna do get a little boo boo,i think you outta just go up to a ledge atleast knee high and go all out and just give it a shot your more than likely land it and conquere your fear.

Sep 16, 2003Smokey

Usually if you're too afraid to even grind a curb, I would say there's no hope for you...

Sep 16, 2003Benji

Just like John, Haha

Sep 16, 2003mike

He never said he was too scared to grind a curb...

Sep 16, 2003Smokey

well he said too afraid to grind ANYTHING... meaning curbs.

Sep 16, 2003mike

Not to start a gay argument, but i interpret that as too afraid to grind anything well or anything cool, but oh well.

Sep 17, 2003Mart

Dude, scaffold poles need waxing tothefuckingmaxx

Sep 17, 2003Spartan_117

hahahahaha... i like teh waxing to the fuckin max lol.. well i couldnt make it today but i will soon try soooo yeah and also how much wax do u put on?

Sep 17, 2003Spartan_117

its not all that im scraed its just that ive had bad experenses with it. ima find a candle and try a knee high ledge today wish me luck

Sep 17, 2003peach

you can just put a scaffold pole on your driveway and you wont really need to wax it much.... and it will teach you to keep your feet parrallel to the floor so you wont tilt your feet and scrape them on the ground (or tilt them and fall off rails when you get up to that height)

Sep 17, 2003Smokey

...wats a scaffold pole?

Sep 18, 2003Mart

...do you not know what scaffolding is? Y'know... the stuff they put round buildings so that renovation and shit can be done?

Sep 18, 2003Smokey

oh yeah...
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
Wyatt Peterson busting a fastslide
Luke Williams with a bike rack grind
Zach Larson hittin a Hittin a true unity.
Derek Brooks hittin a Frontside
Darren McCall hittin a Phat royale