Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
Beginner SOAPs
Oct 18, 2006 by masterbrain0

OK. In about 3 days, I go for SOAPs. I need answers. What kind of soaps do you recommend for firsts?
Replies

Oct 19, 2006Jard39

Anything u like and can afford, just make sure u get BBK plates i hear UHF suck.

I got ordances and i love them.

Oct 23, 2006spartykus

ye, i've been researching and the BBK Plates sound pretty awesome dude! i'm going to get some soap's soon, but where i come from, every rail i slide down i'l get bird shit on them... lol. it sucks!

Oct 23, 2006masterbrain0

Dang. THere was nothing my size that was good, and the only ones that were my size were the sucky ones that fall apart fast.

Oct 23, 2006SapAuthor

the expres plates (cemented on ones) are okay for starting out. They limit you in that you can only do round rails though, and limited to no tweekage (meaning it's hard to bend your foot out to do tricks like the royale and stuff).

BBK plates are a lot better, they allow better tweekage, moderate to good lock on (expecially over time), and you can grind down wider rails and even some square rails (i have size 13s, and mine have a 2 grind width). If you are starting out, i would suggest possibly trying the express and buy a pair from steve, since he is selling new ones and needs our support. Otherwise just look what you like, i love my boltars.
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
greg with a cess slide and sweet cast
Marshall Lenhart hittin a UFO
Strider Patton hittin a Fastslide
Dude sliding the Soap Van
Derek Brooks hittin a Makio across the newspaper stand