Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
Soaping beginner!
Oct 31, 2006 by adamblock

I really want to get into Soaping. Anyone got any good suggestions for shoes? Price doesn't really matter, lower the better, I'm located in the US, so some of the other Euro/AU sites sometimes don't ship here. Two other things:

1. I wear a size 10.5-11 shoe, but eBay is sometimes difficult Soap-wise for sizes. Would I be sacrificing a lot of comfort, and more importantly performance, if I bumped up to 12's?

and

2.How many Minnesota soapers visit this site or are soapers? Sort of seemed liek there were a lot.
Replies

Oct 31, 2006Jard39

doesnt matterwhatever u like

Oct 31, 2006Surfaced

You would be perfectly safe getting 12s. Infact, I suggest doing that.

I recently moved to Connecticut, but I've spent the rest of my life in Minnesota, so I still consider myself a Minnesotan.

Oct 31, 2006adamblock

Surfaced, do you have any good shoe suggestions as well?

Oct 31, 2006SPSR

i'm in saintpaul minnesota. also i wear the same size as you and 12's are fine but idealy 11's are best for me atleast. where in MN are you at?

Oct 31, 2006adamblock

I live in Stillwater but my family and I might move out of Stillwater this spring.

Nov 1, 2006SPSR

if you're ever in downtown Saint Paul with soap shoes head over to the MPR (Minnesota public radio) building there is a really nice smooth round rail and they seem pretty cool about it.

Nov 1, 2006SapAuthor

not sure if this counts, but in like 4 years i'll probably be moving to minnesota :D

remember, if you can't find soapers, get your friends to get SOAPs and go soaping with them.

Nov 2, 2006Rictor

I just bought a pair of clean soap shoes today on ebay. I wear a size 11 (internet says I should be wearing a 11 1/2, but I could only get size 13. I heard soaps run big, so you go a size up, but I wonder if 1/2 to 1 size too big might cause a problem. Cleans come with original grind plates, so think I should buy some BBKs, or are originals good for me to learn, I'd rather not fall on my butt too much if I don't have to with the BBKs
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
Louis Selby hittin a Farf
Corey Desrochers hittin a Alley-opp Cheese Grater
Jason Fillo of DEOS hittin a Unity in Newark, Delaware
Sonic the Hedgehog sliding a vine with his scorchers
These guys kicked me out of the mall for soaping that day