Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
Bought My First Soaps Help
Nov 2, 2006 by Rictor

I just bought my first pair of soaps and had a couple questions.

1)I bought size 13 Cleans, but I'm a size 11-11 1/2, I heard soaps run small and to go a size up, and some people said that they're an 11 but they can still wear 13s.

2)Clean Soaps come with the Original grind plate, so my second question is. A) Can I replace them with BBKs. B) Should I buy BBKs even before I get my shoes so I have both around the same time. C)How long do BBK grind plates last, should I buy a couple sets so I can save on shipping, and have an extra set just incase I can't find plates anymore when I need them?
Replies

Nov 2, 2006SPSR

1. if you like your shoes kinda loose and big looking feet then the 13's should be fine.

2.a.you can replace them with whatever replacable grind plate you can get your hands on but the UHF plate is decent after you make a groove in it. 2.b. if you want a better plate go for it. 2.c. BBK's should last you a long time as long as you dont grind nasty surfaces like concrete and curbs. smooth rails and smooth surfaces they should last you quite a wile there pretty thick.

Nov 2, 2006Rictor

I was thinking about picking up a couple sets on eBay of the BBks, there is only one guy selling them, and he's only got 1 Black, 1 Grey, and 1 White. Would you say 2 could last me as long as the shoes do?

Nov 3, 2006Rictor

I plan on buying the plates today, so I'd like to know how long is a long time. I plan on buying a couple just incase I accidently F-a plate up on something way too sharp (or If I let a friend try them and he f's it up)

Nov 3, 2006SPSR

if your not like grinding rough nasty surfaces it should last you as long as the shoe but i would buy one and a spare just incase.

Nov 3, 2006Rictor

I just ordered 3 from eBay. Only one person was selling size 13/14 grindplates in black, grey and white, and it was combined shipping, so I bought all three.
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
Jordan Muck hittin a frontside at the Monmouth High School
Loren Dallabetta hittin a Royale
Derek Brooks hittin a Royale
Luke Williams with a bike rack grind
Pedro Brito hittin a Frontside