Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
How do you SOAP?
Dec 12, 2006 by rkrdw93

any direction or method?? it seems pretty freaking hard. Idon't have a pipe or pole or w.e it's called that you buy from Home Depot. I have awooden curtain rod thigy. It's dying. How do I teach myself???
Replies

Dec 12, 2006Munkerz

Try running/ walking at the pole and jump, while in the air turn side on so the rod falls between the dip in the grinding plate, the speed built up in the direction you ran sould stay that direction so you grind side-on. That should give you basic movement, from there just experement.

Dec 12, 2006AnthoFlex

Or in just a few words....

Stand on it, and push off, Worked on my first rail, now i jump

Dec 13, 2006Rictor

can anyone recommend a pole and what size, I looked at 1.5" PVC pipes at Home Depot and they look just the right size, but some people recommened 2"-3" on another thread. what's the best diameter?

Dec 13, 2006AnthoFlex

i have a 1 1/2 in, 3 in is just tooo friggin wide...

Dec 13, 2006SapAuthor

2 inch works good too. Just lay it in some grass, run up to it and jump. You can do it.

Dec 14, 2006matrix8967

my friend put PVC inside PVC to make it more durable...worked pretty good...I also run at a slight angle, land my front foot first, and then my back...sometimes (when i teach new people how to soap) i tell them to stand on what they are going to grind and find thier Balance Point...then once they find it, the can just run and "assume the position"

---Alex

Dec 14, 2006SonicSoaper

Usually before you Soap, try to find a step or something and try to get used to landing on it with the arches of your feet. Use regular shoes for this.

Dec 14, 2006rkrdw93

thanks guys.. lol I'm like the only one with SOAPs, my friends say they're really ugly.. I had to teach myself to skate, i think I can manage without feeling like a dumbass.

Dec 14, 2006mnsoaperns

Don't worry about it man just tell your friends to fuck off and show them up with some sweet ass grind while there all being lame as hell walking down stairs pffft its really a hassle, same with walking on sidewalks if there is a long straight rail by they will be wanting some SOAPS in due time when your out owning it up (Force SOAPS on them also let them try there garunteed to love it)

Dec 14, 2006mnsoaperns

what kind of soaps do you have anyway?

Dec 15, 2006rkrdw93

i hav the cleans.. they're decent looking...no offense, but why couldn't soap make some nice ones...=p cleans aren't too bad....lol closest to nikes.. and goas are kinndaaaa like jordans..=p

Dec 15, 2006Rictor

Cleans Rock, I have cleans. they're the best professional looking shoe, all the others look a little too sporty for me.
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
Amy Gerein hittin a Fastslide (see, chicks can soap too)
Jordan hittin a Fakie Freestyle Backslide
Alexei Tajzler hittin a Frontside
Derek Brooks hittin a Mizuo
David Plasse sliding a handrail and sportin the afro.