Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
Is it true what they say about the express?
Jan 16, 2007 by Mauisnow13

I have heard that the Express kinda falls apart after about 6 months...Is this true?

I want a shoe that'll last me, but still partially light and grinds well.....

What are your thoughts about the subject, should I get a new pair of Express, or wait till I find an older style?
Replies

Jan 16, 2007Mauisnow13

Also, I wear an 11 in regular shoes, but they are just a bit big on me...Should I stay with 11's in Soaps or go for the 12's?

Jan 16, 2007Rynasty

All soaps fall apart eventually. With the new styles (shoes with express plates) the rubber will eventually come apart where it connects to the plate. It won't make the shoe any less comfortable, or grind worse, or anything like that, but if you want your shoes to always look nice and new then don't get them.

Jan 16, 2007AnthoFlex

Dude, if you look at Ryans Scam plate (express) you would see that even though that plate's ass has been beaten to a pulp....In the process, speed and PERFECT lock-in have emerged....Not to mention that the Express plates last longer than most plates i have ever used

Recomended?
YES

Jan 16, 2007SapAuthor

Every rose has it's thorn. My express plate started to seperate from the rubber, but that will happen because your foot bends, so the shoe has to. I find the models with replacable plates don't experience that, although they tend to start to seperate around the edges of the shoe.

Face it though, no shoe lasts forever, i went through my express as fast as i went through any other shoe. So far my boltars are doing great though.

Oh, and you can alwyas use rubber cement to recemment the rubber and plate togehter if it bothers you.

Jan 16, 2007Mauisnow13

Thanks guys, I just didn't wanna spend like 60-80 bucks on a shoe that would last me like 2 months.....That would be a waste, I may as well have gotten the older series ya know? Thanks for the info, Are you all happy with your Express?

Any answers to my other question having to do with my shoe size?

Jan 16, 2007AnthoFlex

dude, it takes months for the express plate to start to crack on the sides....and that doesnt affect your grinding at all...in fact,

the tips of my express started to crack about 5 months into having the shoe......Its now 8 months later, and those cracks have turned into lock-in grooves

Jan 16, 2007Mauisnow13

So, now the question is 11's or 12's?

Jan 16, 2007shdook

Im happy with my expresses but they are not my favorite shoe.

Jan 16, 2007AnthoFlex

Ur choice....11 should fit you fine but if ur foot is still growing, you may wanna hit that 12

Jan 16, 2007shdook

always go 1 size up

Jan 25, 2007SonicSoaper

Friggen spammers.
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
Ryan Armstrong hittin a Frontside
Luke Williams with a bike rack grind
Jim Devereux hitting a frontside during the recent UKFSW trip to Ipswich, England.
Aaron Huebner sliding royale for Bryndon
Derek Brooks hittin a Alley-opp Mizuo