Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
SIGN THE SOAP PETITION
Jan 20, 2007 by AnthoFlex

Listen people, if you arent seirous about this shit, then stop Soaping....or start Heeling

Sign the GODAMN Petition to save Soapshoes!
To all of those who have already, thank you but for those that havent

DEREK BROOKS--Im surprised that you havent signed it

MART ANTHONY-- Im NOT surprised that you havent signed it

STEVE DEEL-- I know hes busy

And to everyone else who hasnt signed it:

SIGN THE DAMN PETITION!
Replies

Jan 20, 2007AnthoFlex

godamn it....

Jan 20, 2007DaSholZ

*hides behind couch*

Yessir!!

Jan 20, 2007DaSholZ

Oh wait I already did.

Jan 20, 2007Rynasty

It's not like that petition is going to do shit anyway... Do you really think HSL is going to change their ways just because a bunch of people signed an internet petition? I could see it happening (maybe) if it got like 20,000 signatures, but that most likely wont happen. You make it sound like HSL HAS to do what you want just because there's a petition. Well, they definitely do not. They are just trying to make money and as long as soap isn't bringing in the big bucks they could care less.

Jan 20, 2007AnthoFlex

i know, but every little bit helps....

plus im fucking pissed

Jan 20, 2007MrWaterBuffalo

O.K. I signed it, wheres my cookie?

Jan 21, 2007AnthoFlex

You'll get a cookie when u get EVERY one of ur friends and family to sign it....i'll send you a box of cookies myself

Jan 21, 2007SonicSoaper

My fricken computer won't let me. I tried it on my friend's and they remember his fricken ip adress.

Jan 21, 2007AnthoFlex

Well then try harder dude

Jan 21, 2007ordnanceflint91

i signed it a while back when i found out about.....and damn Rynasty, you always gotta be such an ass to people on here? every little bit helps ya know. the more people to sign, the better. look at things positive instead of tryin to down everybody

Jan 21, 2007MrWaterBuffalo

Really? Do they have to make accounts? Cause I will if you will.

Jan 21, 2007AnthoFlex

Hes not downing me, hes telling the truth

But another truth is that every little bit helps

and an even MORE truth is this.... This petition WILL help....we are going to get A LOT of signatures. And it WILL be enough to save Soap

im all for gettin soaps back up like it used to be. i started using soaps back in 98, id love to see it hit big time again. and yes every lil bit of promotion helps, including the petition. nobody is making anyone sign it. if you want to sign it do it, if not dont sign it....
and anthoflex, if you remember me from myspace, im the one with the name 91teggygs, we talked about the yellowjackets

Jan 21, 2007MrWaterBuffalo

do you have a list of who's signed the petition?

Jan 21, 2007DaSholZ

The list is on the petition site. Go look.

yeah go to the site for the petition and you can see who has signed it. its not hard

Jan 24, 2007AnthoFlex

In my stupid anger i didnt even put a link to the Petition....sorry

Jan 24, 2007dunk

AnthoFlex, in future make sure your facts are right before publishing them on the internet, you're doing yourself no favours.
HSL approached Soap back in 98-99 with the idea to put their patented wheel-in-the heel into a Soap shoe. The shoe in that video was a prototype of which only a few pairs were ever made. This wasn't pre-HSL, Heelys have been around almost as long as Soap shoes (since 1998 for all you history buffs) but it wasn't until 2001/2 that they gained any kind of presence in the US.

Jan 24, 2007AnthoFlex

Dunk, in the future make sure your fact are right before publishing them on Soligrind.

"Heeling Sports Limited was initially brought upon some time around 2000 to be a fathering company to the brand responsible for its existence, Heelys. The concept of shoes with a wheel in the sole was pushed forward by the company's founder and the creator of the Heely, Roger Adams."

--WIKIPEDIA.COM .....but wait...it says SOMETIME around 2000.... ok how about this then....

Heeling Sports Limited facts:
"Heelys were invented by Dallas-based Roger Adams and were introduced to
retailer shelves in late 2000."

--HEELYS.COM, TIME.COM, CNN.COM

Jan 24, 2007AnthoFlex

Dunk, sorry if that sounded a little harsh.

I didnt wanna start another UKFSW vs. NYCS war.

But the point is, i did my research for days before i even typed the first letter of that petition.

And because of that, i got Team Heelys NE, SE hating on me....but you know what?

....... I don't give a fuck

Jan 25, 2007dunk

Another war? Mate, I have better things to do than start a bloody war on an internet forum! I just don't want you to end up getting sued for defamation, I know what you Americans are like when it comes to law suits.
The Roger fella you speak of came up with the idea long before Heelys actually hit the shelves. The Soap shoe you pointed out in the video was a prototype developed in conjunction with Heelys. You can see plenty more detailed footage of the same shoe in Relate's oNe and tWo videos.
That is all, and I had no idea you were part of NYCS, by the way. On another note, I'm not disputing what Wikipedia says but don't take it as fact, anyone can add to or edit it. Half the information on there is unverified and totally useless as reference material.

Jan 25, 2007SonicSoaper

Friggen spammers.

Jan 27, 2007AnthoFlex

Oops, my bad then Dunk, no hard feelings?

and as for wikipedia:

R U kidding me?

They can edit whats on their pages? Shit....so that means that everything i ever read on the shit can be all fake?

DAMNIT.....shit...unbelievable....i have a petition that maybe just full of bogus info.....fuck....

Oh well....im sticking by my word.... HSL is going to regret discontinuing Soap

Jan 28, 2007Go2Crew

Already Renny, never to busy to sign this.
Regards,
Steve.

Jan 28, 2007SapAuthor

Yeah Antho, it's all editable, i put something up there about them coming up, but someone edited it out. Kind of annoying.

Jan 28, 2007DaSholZ

There is a h8er in our midst!

Well...not at Solidgrind but you know.

Jan 28, 2007AnthoFlex

Team Heelys *cough cough*

Jan 28, 2007AnthoFlex

NE *cough cough*

Jan 30, 2007AnthoFlex

Sign it

Jan 31, 2007Surfaced

wooohooo this is fun! thanks for breaking the thread, renny! lol... huge fonts!

Anyway...

Yes, anything you see on Wikipedia could be false, although usually not. If an article cites it's sources or is ranked "B", "GA" (Good Article), or "FA" (Featured Article, meaning it has appeared on the main page), you can be sure that everything there is true.

I drop by Wikipedia every week or so to check up on the three articles concerning Soap or Heelys in the slightest (among others, I spend an hour or so a day there), which are the Heelys article, HSL, and most of all, Soap shoes, which I heavily monitor to make sure it stays vandal-free and in wiki-format (no all caps words, spelling errors, or slang, etc). Over this past summer I had planned large expansions to the three articles but that might not happen for a while...

Also, notice that the article says that the company came about in 2000, but Heelys themselves claimed they started retailing shoes in 2000. A small difference there. I'd have to ask HSL myself to find out when they were really founded.

As a side note, look out for articles about Chris Morris and TrueRide in the future. Well... Maybe. The Morris article won't be happening until I find a good photo of him (shame that the interview with TWO pictures of him disappeared).

Jan 31, 2007Surfaced

btw, somebody hook me up with a copy of oNe or tWo! I'm dying over here! Rip them, load them on YouTube, Limewire, whatever! lol

Jan 31, 2007AnthoFlex

oNe and tWo are going to be prizes at the NYCS Demo

Feb 6, 2007AnthoFlex

bringing back to top....people gotta sign this

Feb 6, 2007ordnanceflint91

ppl come on sign this thing, tell every1 about it and get them to sign...lets see if we can bring Soap back on top

Nov 17, 2009sylonbroadsides

bump

Dec 3, 2009sylonbroadsides

bump!

Dec 3, 2009jackswhack

signed it hop it helps
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
Aaron Huebner sliding royale for Bryndon
greg morris hittin a royale downtown --> wellington st. bridge
Derek hittin a Cheese Grater at the Cedar Rapids demo