Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
Lol i got shadow's boots
Apr 23, 2007 by SapAuthor

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=001&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=110118510576&rd=1&rd=1

Iknow they aren't SOAPs, but I've always wanted a pair of aggressive inline so i can move fast too, for any strolls or going to the skatepark. Skateboards are to limiting and hard to do anythign with unless ur really good. Plus it has the grind plate so I can do taht too when i have them on, and when i have them off, i put on my fav shoes, SOAPs.
Replies

Apr 23, 2007kobansora

Wouldn't hurt to like, fix the URL lol.

Freeblading is very fun, and it's easier to grind on things (well, for me that is).

~JJ

Apr 23, 2007kobansora

Nvm I got it to work, had to get the page source.

Anyways, those look heavy as fuck compared to what I'm going to be using; Remedyz 0301..

I would anti-rock the frame or something if I wanted to grind with those... Or get a new freestyle frame. Wheel bite=bad.

~JJ

Apr 23, 2007SapAuthor

Meh, they were low cost. And i can move the wheels farther from the grind plate for grinding (see the positioner of the middle two wheels?) Just to wet my whistle. My first skateboard was a walmart board :P, then i got new trucks..then new bearings...and then new wheels, now the only thing left of hte original board is the wood platform. I could probably make do with removing hte middle two wheels if necessary, or just get new trucks for them, then maybe some ABEC 9 bearings, keep customizing, i could even drill holes to reduce weight if necessary, but my legs are strong so no worried about weight, more comfert and speeeeeeed

Apr 23, 2007kobansora

You won't be able to move the two middle wheels further apart.. It's impossible unless you're willing to drill holes into them, but that would be stupid. That's just the grindplate that's making it look wider. Even if you were to move the two middle wheels apart, you would still get the wheel bite, so I'd grab some anti-rockers still lol. They're only ten bucks on aggressivemall.com.

What are you talking about? "New trucks" for the middle wheels? This is rollerblading :/ I wouldn't removed the middle wheels and start grinding with just that because you get no lock on whatsoever, and you WILL fall no matter what you think. That's from personal experience lol; Tried a royal grind without lock on and I burned up my knee. And you will KILL your frame to a point where they will not work anymore... And frames cost at least $50 for a nice pair. I doubt that you could even find new frames for those b/c the skates don't look UFS compatible.

ABEC 9? Is there such a thing lol, I didn't know it went that high. I gotta go search for some now, b/c I'ma be using ABEC 7, moving up from ABEC 5 and I want SPEEDD.

~JJ

Apr 23, 2007SapAuthor

I know of ABEC 7, i think there is a 9 if i remember right, from the "how it's made" discovery channel show, but maybe ABEC 9 is only for other machining parts nad isnt' available for inline wheels.

And the trucks were in reference to my wal-mart skateboard.

And sorry, i did say trucks for the inline bit, i got it mixed up with frames, that was my bad.

Apr 23, 2007SapAuthor

Oh, and the wheel, yeah you can move the middle two wheels. If you look at the close up of hte sole plate, there is a hole spot in front nad behind the middle wheels, so you just unscrew, move up a hole, and rescrew.

Apr 23, 2007kobansora

Whoa whoa whoa whoa, wth is that??!?! That's so weird... I have never seen those in aggressive inlines before. Eh, no wonder they were cheap..

~JJ

Apr 24, 2007SapAuthor

lol you never saw them probably because they stopped production for a while. These are 'new' but they were produced a loooong while back. But they don't look to bad, just cuz a pair is cheap doesn't mean it's made cheap (heck, for a while we were buying soap shoes for 20 bucks on ebay back when they had the rush). Just the things are old. I kind of like how it's designed though, the sole plate looks pretty nice, holes to reduce friction and increase speed, as well as some nice royale grooves on them.

Apr 24, 2007SapAuthor

Oh, and Kobansora, i found some ABEC 9 bearings for ur blades. If you want REALLY REALLY fast speed, here they are. I am pretty sure they are for blades.

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/sm-bevo-abec-9-bearings-16-pack--pi-2053876.html

Apr 24, 2007kobansora

Yeah it's nice that the backslide groove is already in there lol.

Well.. I'm sure it's just the grind plate that's making it look wider. The skates I'm buying are 4 years old, and they're not like that at all :/ Maybe it's because they have ground control frames but w/e.

Anyways, I think those bearings are for rollerblades..... God damn :O so fast

~JJ

Apr 24, 2007SapAuthor

Yeah, there are a ton of ABEC 9s out for inline, just google "ABEC 9 inline" and u'll find a ton from like bizrate and other places, even rollerwarehouse.

Apr 24, 2007Tasslehoff

I want Shadow the Hedgehogs shoes. those things would kick a**. I wouldnt mind the gloves either.

Apr 25, 2007Mart

I'm sure I've said this before, but the ABEC rating of bearings is indicative of the quality of the bearings, not speed. Bearings are manufactured to certain tolerances, as with most things, and this is what the ABEC rating relates to; it doesn't take into account the materials the bearings were made from, so it's quite possible to get a cheap set of ABEC 7 or 9 bearings that perform much lower than an expensive set of ABEC 5s because expensive bearings are made of much better materials

Apr 25, 2007SapAuthor

yeah, but Abec 3 are slow. I used to have some 3s, and i upgraded to 5s and there was a big difference. Although i hear anything past that really doesn't matter. Also hear that 3 in 1 lubrication oil makes any bearing super slick.

Apr 25, 2007Mart

Considering that this is your first pair of skates, I think you should be placing more emphasis on control and learning how to skate than simply going fast

Apr 25, 2007SapAuthor

True...but i love speed :D Remember, i'm a Sonic fanatic, speed is the key

Apr 25, 2007SapAuthor

But yes, i'll take it slow at first of course. thanks for the concern mart.

Apr 25, 2007kobansora

I wouldn't take it too slow, I'm sure he knows how to rollerblade already... Unless... You haven't at all.

Just because yo'ure a sonic fanatic doesn't mean you'll want to start fast. You'll want speed, but most people who start out fast will lose control because they don't know how to stand properly while going fast. Stand up straight and you'll most likely die.

Learn how to stop too. Cess slides won't stop you, but they'll slow you down to a considerable speed for you to come to a complete stop using another method afterwards.

~JJ

Apr 25, 2007SapAuthor

Don't you just drag one foot on it's side behind you? (looks at youtube) that, stop one foot and other slide around it making u turn in a small circl, stopping ur motion...okay i got it :D at least' we'll see, won't we :P

Apr 25, 2007kobansora

That's what I do... BUT... You won't be able to do that when you're going 15+ mph like when I was going down this hill one time and crashed b/c of a patch of dirt in the road... You have to make a few turns and then do that. Trust me, it isn't easy when the road isn't nice.

~JJ

Apr 26, 2007SapAuthor

Yeah i can imagine. Expecially on street aggressive wheels (smaller and wider if i remember correctly). I"m pretty good at the tuck and roll though. and most times i don't like stopping anyways :D makes things more intersting as you try to dodge stuff.

Apr 26, 2007Mart

You want to go fast and would rather tuck and roll to stop? You want to fill you grave pretty quickly, huh?

Apr 26, 2007SapAuthor

lol. I didn't say i would RATHER, i just said i'm pretty good at tuck and roll just in case. I don't think anyone really wants to wipe out, give me a little credit. I'm not THAT crazy :-P, only midley, and in a good way, ya know?

i'm still waiting, rather impatiently :P I'm also hoping that going faster, a little more risk, and maybe even some wipeouts will help with my hesitations in some SOAP grinds, i do have a problem overcoming some fears. Usually wont' do it if there's a good chance of me getting seriously injured, but with blades i think i'll overcome that.

Apr 26, 2007SapAuthor

Hey Kobansora, I got my boots finally, moved the wheels back so i can grind on my 3 inch diameter pipe. I did get a little impasient and tried them out on a wet day, so my bearings are a bit dirty and full of grit. How do you remove the bearings so I can clean them and soak them in some 3 in 1 oil? I know skateboards only have one sided bearings so you just stuck them in the truck and twisted the wheel to pop them out, but i'm stumped on these. Any ideas?

Sorry for posting on here about non-soap stuff, roller warehouse people are starting to not like me cuz i have soaper in my username *rolls eyes*

Apr 26, 2007kobansora

i'm part of the roller warehouse forum as of yesterday, so I'll see how they'll treat me.

Anyways, just take an allen wrench or something that's pointy and long, and stick it in there and push the bearing out of the opposite side. THen you can get the other bearing out.

~JJ

Apr 27, 2007SapAuthor

Man, these have metal sheild bearings -.- plus my bearings are full of grit. Lol i think i killed my bearings first time out :P but i'll learn, i'll ahve to find some abec 5s to replace them. these metal sheild berings don't keep durt out :(

Apr 27, 2007SapAuthor

Ugh...chemical headache -.- note to self, DON"T mess with WD-40, dish detergent, and 3 in 1 oil in a small, enclosed, and not well ventilated area -.-

anyways, I didn't fix all of my bearings, not all needed (although all have sand peices in it, it's insane how easily that crap got in there, next time i get bearings i'll get easy clean and reconstruct, and don't get full of crud so easily.

Anways, my blades are running smoothly, i'm going to hit the skatepark tommarow to test them out fully. I got to get rid of this headache >.>

Apr 27, 2007kobansora

Remember your skatepark etiquitte.

~JJ

Apr 27, 2007SapAuthor

I read up all that on skatelog, i should be set
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
Jordan Thompson hittin a Freestyle Fastslide
Jordan Muck hittin a frontside at the Monmouth High School
Aaron MacDonald hittin a Frontside
Aaron Taraboletti hittin a Frontside