Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
Sorry, but I have a question.
Aug 15, 2007 by Heel4life

I was just wondering about soap shoes, Since I just learned about them not to long ago I would like to know how exactly they work and if you might be able to slap some on some heelys. (which is most likely not)
Replies

Aug 15, 2007xJeremiahx

Well soap shoes are basicly just shoes with grind plates. There are heelys with grind plates if you look in the "shoes" section of this site. I have never tried them but from what I hear they are very uncomfotable compared to soap shoes.

Aug 15, 2007DarkVermillion

Basically, they're shoes with removable (and sometime nonremovable) plastic grindplates, you can't really can't get really scientific. The purpose is to run up to a rail/ledge and jump on with your grindplates touching what your grinding, you can tweak your feet into different positions to create,"Tricks," Such as the Royale, where both of your feet are tweaked away from your body, and a unity where your legs are crossed.

Aug 15, 2007Heel4life

Yes, heelys are uncomfortable at times, espically when your walking in public. It sounds like you got on high heels. O.o There is a little pad on the sole of the heelys, that helps. I might take out the wheels when I get a pair of Heelys that have a grind plate. Also, another reason they have different models is that some want to grind, yet some dont. Dang, It would be nice to have removable grindplates.

Aug 15, 2007xJeremiahx

Also since you are new here make sure to sign in to the "guest book" thread. Maybe there will be someone who lives near you that will let you try out thier soap shoes.

Aug 15, 2007SapAuthor

Look at the vids, visit www.sssoapshop.com to see more and to get ur pair.

Aug 15, 2007Altman

Uh, I have a question. If Soap shoes were invented to be stealthy and wheel free, why would you even want to "slap on some Heelys?" it defeats the purpose of the shoe. Freedom is being able to slide away clean.

Aug 16, 2007SapAuthor

because the person who invented heelys first presented the idea to SOAPs in hopes of putting the wheel on soap shoes, to mimic "inline" skates more. SOAPs turned them down because the wheel was not really attractive to their market, and unconfertable (or other reasons).

So the guy started HSL by himself, and now bought out SOAPs and did what he wanted to anyways.

Aug 16, 2007Altman

Um, that was sarcasm Trev. I pretty much knew the story.

Aug 16, 2007AnthoFlex

Actually, it seems more like revenge then anything to me. Just look at it...

Aug 16, 2007Altman

Exactly what I've been saying.

Aug 16, 2007vault

wa waa waaaaa
lol

Aug 16, 2007SapAuthor

wa waa waaaa? What sound effect is that? :P jk vault, u know i respect ya'

but does that answer ze question?

Aug 16, 2007Megashadow77

I'm guessing so, but, still...It's obvious that the Soap Shoes Declience is Roger Adams getting his revenge....

Aug 16, 2007Altman

Yeeeeah, Roger Adams doesn't even have control over Heelys anymore.

Aug 16, 2007Megashadow77

Uhm...well...then it's Heelys getting revenge on Soap!......yeah......

Aug 16, 2007AnthoFlex

I dunt remember where i heard this, but last i checked...

Didnt Adams get the boot from HSL? I think Stafforoni runs the ENTIRE HSL show now...

Aug 16, 2007Altman

It's like that wrestling theme that Insane Clown Posse did a few years back. I think it was called Oddities and one of the lines said "Come get down with the clowns." Same thing with HSL basically.

Aug 17, 2007ordnanceflint91

Insane Clown Posse is awesome, been down with them since 95, but what does down with tha clown got to do with HSL? doesnt make sense to me. but anyways, MMFCL NINJA!! lol sorry had to
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
If you own a pair of Soaps, you've seen this Sticker
Zach hittin a Royale
Jay Sers hittin a Stylish frontside as the sun sets
Zach larson with a Christ Grind in a Des Moines parking garage
Zach Larson hittin a Hittin a true unity.