Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
New Idea: tutorials?
May 27, 2006 by SapAuthor

Just an idea, we are going to be getting a lot of more people on here when the SOAPs come back to stores. A lot of newbies (i'm still one). I've tried some of the things, but some of them are really hard to get, like the tricks or just something as simple as how to get on and how to jump onto a rail properly. Maybe we could get some of the professional SOAPers to develope some sort of "How to" video on how to do all the different stuff, slow it down, explain it, etc. Maybe help to prevent any discouragement for those who want some results faster.
Replies

May 27, 2006Sugarfree

Man you can't teach someone how to jump onto a rail its just called commiting to the trick. The best thing to do really is just practice, its the only way to get better. Unfortunately tho not everyone is going to be able to do it, some people just arent coardinated enough to do things like soaping or skating it's just not built into thier dna. But seriously if you practice and learn from your mistakes you will do better :) but a trick tutorial would kinda be cool if people broke it down, good thinkin Trev.

May 28, 2006SapAuthor

Definitely would help for the tricks. But even something as simple as jumping the rail, when i first started I wondered "do i put my front foot on first? Or the back landing first? Do i go with my dominant foot or is it better with the weaker?" I know it's easily overcome, but maybe there are some tricks of hte traid. Even for skateboarding, a video on how to ollie really helped me understand the machanics of it. The trick tutorial would definitely be good. Really simple to make too, just get hte trick, cut it apart and slomo or stop parts, and add a voice explaining it.

May 28, 2006Mart

http://www.soapshoes.info">www.soapshoes.info

Text-based tutorials to start off with, look out for video tutorials in the coming weeks. I'd bookmark this page if I were you, there's going to be alot happening on that site
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
Chris Corrado hittin a Steep Frontside
Tanner Gregory hittin a Royale
Ryan Armstrong hittin a Pretty Royale
greg morris hittin a royale downtown --> wellington st. bridge
Ryan Dawes hittin a Frontside on a big ol kinked rail.