Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
Best Grind Plate?
Jun 13, 2006 by maddog

anyone know.
i had express shoes and their cemented on grind plates were ok
but once i got my ordnance and switched those plates wit my scab plates i wasl ike omg my express ones suck compared to these

i like the BBK's but the ones that came wit the scabs were too simple and didnt really slide that good.

i am gettin slo bros so anyone know if they're any good?
Replies

Jun 14, 2006AnthoFlex

All depends on you.....what are you looking for? Speed, control?

Jun 14, 2006maddog

both lol

i like speed more tho if i had to choose

Jun 14, 2006AnthoFlex

Well then, heres what i do.....for some reason, i have trouble locking in my backfoot....therefore i put slobros back there......but i still want the speed.....BBKs in front.....thats what i do

Jun 14, 2006maddog

oooo good idea when i get mine i will try taht

Jun 14, 2006AnthoFlex

Dude, just rememeber that slobros arent a common plate anymore.....if u use those guys on concrete ledges.....even with wax, they'll wear down realy fast........i suggest using the slobros on rails.....although those ribs on them look as though they can grab on tight to a ledge.....(to me)they really can't.....rails are the best thing for slobros

Jun 14, 2006maddog

k and are slo bros for speed or control?

Jun 14, 2006SapAuthor

umm...dude..think of the name. slo bro, as in slow, for control. sorry maddog, but that was pretty bad.

Jun 14, 2006maddog

yea shut up hahah jk

yea but sonic uses them and he goes soo fast!!!!
lol

Jun 14, 2006SapAuthor

actually, the plates that come with the scorchers, which are rumored to be Sonic's shoes, have speedster plates. And he goes fast probably becuase he runs fast, and an object in motion stays in motion, and the friction doesn't effect him that much. That and he's in a video game.

Jun 14, 2006maddog

stop always proving me wrong damnit!!!!

lol

Jun 14, 2006Mart

Antho, Slo Bros are bad for ledges because the grooves grab the ledge tight

There isn't a great deal of difference in speed between plates, to be honest. I've recently popped a set of BBKs into my Vectors and they're better than I remember them to be. Control is more about balance than speed, and if you find you're going to fast just brake on the rail with your shoe (UFO, Royale etc)

Jun 14, 2006AnthoFlex

i know they're bad for ledges....thats what i said....i wrote that they LOOK like they can do ledges good but cant
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
James Spino hittin a UFO
Derek Brooks hittin a Backside Farf
Pedro Brito hittin a Frontside
Louis Selby, knocking out another frontside for the bystanders during the UKFSW Fleet trip.
Derek Brooks hittin a Frontside