Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
Even a blind hog finds an acorn sometimes!
Jul 14, 2006 by Go2Crew

Hey Mart, Dunk, or Broox … I need one of you guys as Admins to fix my comment on the Octane Plate listing. Mart was right in correcting my error on the Septum switch. I should have said that it switched from the Octane to the SloBro. Could one of you guys please fix my error because I don’t have edit capabilities … so the “GearDude” does look like a total dolt? Thanks.

Mart, I also determined what it was I was thinking at the time I wrote the original comment… I was checking the prototypes of the Sylon I have and they were all BBK’s (the Gunmetal was released in the BBK era … only a couple of new colors were set for the Octane era, and I don’t have any of those). So I misspoke because I was still thinking about the BBKs. Please help me correct my fubar.

But you also got me thinking for a week or so, how did I screw-up and why don’t my Septum prototypes have Octane Plates? Well the one I looked at when I was compiling the list was the Septum Black. All these old dead brain cells forgot to realized the Septum Black was Fall 2001 issue (the switch to the SloBro, duh!). Well the light bulb has finally come on! I just checked the Septum White (Spring 2001 issue) and behold! As sure as Hell … the Holy Grail of grind plates (per Broox) … THE OCTANE.
To quote AnthoFlex **Superman theme music plays now**

As I said in the title … Even a blind hog finds an acorn sometimes!

Replies

Jul 14, 2006AnthoFlex

Lmao congrats! you found octanes! lolz....wait..that just sounded like a Zelda game.....anywayz, you find sumthing new everyday! :)

Jul 15, 2006Mart

Derek's the only one with the ability to do that I'm afraid, Steve. There's no 'edit' facility for the posts on here, none of us other admins have access to the database where the comments are stored. I'll let Derek know you want it changed, though
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
Abby Bisor hittin a Showing Kevin up with a frontside
Darren McCall hittin a Backslide
Oliver Reed hittin a Royale down the S rail at Wash U
Chris Komsthoeft hittin a Frontside
Adam Wasielewski hittin a Sidewalk