Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
Small idea
Aug 15, 2006 by SapAuthor

just throwing some ideas up again, tehre are a lot of members who never post much anymore, probably lef when things were slow. Some of the users have webistes and can be contacted. Maybe it would be fun to try to bring some of hte ppl back since soaps are getting bigger and bigger.

also, with all the soap shoes selling, maybe send messages to those who bid on soap shoes and invite them to solidgrind to talk and hang out with fellow soapers.

just an idea.
Replies

Aug 15, 2006Jard39

and a good idea

Aug 15, 2006SapAuthor

we should split up the alphabet, each person takes like 6 letters, 6 ppl (2 take 7 letters) and check it out. but who would be willing to take hte time to monitor soap sells on ebay and stuff? I wouldn't mind, i've done it once before.

Aug 15, 2006Mart

I think you'll find it's illegal to contact eBay members under those exact circumstances. It's also against eBay policy to promote other sites in any way over eBay

Aug 16, 2006Go2Crew

Correct. The only legitimate way to point traffic on eBay to other sites I have found is strictly non-commercial, informational only: i.e, the "checkout Solidgrind.com and Soapshoes.info for all things Soap" references on my eBay listings. The point being is that eBay wants their listing fees and final value fees -- after all, that is how they make their money.

Aug 16, 2006SapAuthor

true..well we can still go through the member list here and tell everyone soaps are at least out of the corroner's office.

Aug 16, 2006Mart

Last time I checked, whatever leaves the coroner's office is generally still dead

Aug 16, 2006SapAuthor

mart, it's a metaphor, METAPHOR.

Aug 16, 2006Mart

I'm well aware of what it is Trev, but it's a shit metaphor for the exact reason that I pointed out. Learn to read

A more fitting, and actually correct, metaphor would have been 'Soaps are at least out of the intensive care unit', or 'Soaps are now in a stable condition, after mistreatment by a couple of brainless thugs left them in a critical condition'

Aug 17, 2006Jard39

thats too specific

Aug 17, 2006SapAuthor

yah, and it wouldn't totally fit because soaps were so to say dead for a while.

Aug 17, 2006AnthoFlex

Useless waste of reading time

Aug 17, 2006Mart

Too specific? Haha, you don't have a clue do you?

I didn't realise that dead things came back to life Trev. Thanks for enlightening me on that one, though; next time someone close to me dies I'll convince myself that they'll come back to life at some point

Aug 17, 2006AnthoFlex

Hehe, that sounds like sumthing shadow the hedgehog would say
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
Cullen Wurzer hittin a Hittin a royale on a bike rack
Tal Zeltzer hittin a Grinding a tall handrail
Yassir playing on the playground
Alexei Tajzler hittin a Frontside
Aaron Taraboletti hittin a Frontside