Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
Nation Team Heelys Demo in Disney
Jan 18, 2008 by teamheelz

Wanna see what heelys can really do? Then Come to this link where you can see the National Team Heelys do a demo in Disney. Its some awsome stuff so dont miss out!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jH41CbXWttw
Replies

Jan 18, 2008matrix8967

i lol'd.

it's a good video as far as heeling, but, meh. heeling as always looked...silly to me. as if to say "i really want roller blades but my mom and dad won't let me have them. so i'm better suited for 1 really awkwardly placed wheel."

and the really menacing "DISNEY WORLD" was pretty funny. like "we're so hardXcore, we go to disney world"

but the talent is undisputed. those guys/girls know how to heel.

i guess the only word i could use to sum it up would be "cute."

Jan 18, 2008xJeremiahx

You will probably get a lot of hate here.

I do respect what you guys do though, looks like you guys are having fun. Although similar to soap shoes they are still quite different. And there is obviosly an age difference between heelers and SOAPers.

I don't think it's right to hate on heelers, it's like street skaters and hating on vert skaters.

As long as heelers don't disrespect me and soaping then they will get my respect.

Jan 18, 2008AnthoFlex

Do i wanna know what "Heelys can really do"?

*Looks at video*

All i see is them being able to throw a huge-ass event with no problem.

I also see kids rolling on half-pipes, and practice rail grinds.....I see...A HEELYS VIDEO

Jan 18, 2008RamenRadio

Awkward vid.

I don't see any of those shoes available in stores. Not the rails, grind this, or toxic torches.

Jan 18, 2008RamenRadio

Yeah Jeremiah, hating is pretty stupid. I used to do a lot of it, but it's just not worth doing, and it doesn't even change anything.

Heeling is heeling, and soaping is soaping. That's just the way it is I guess.

What I don't understand is why they feature models that don't even exist anymore. What's the point if no one can buy the shoes?

Sure, it's nice to use shoes you can rely on. But HSL is about money, and to feature models that aren't available in stores doesn't make much sense.

Jan 18, 2008RamenRadio

Woa, Heelys stocks have dropped. DOOOOWN..
http://investors.heelys.com/index.cfm

Jan 18, 2008RamenRadio

Hmmm a work in progress I guess. Beats $6.22 per stock like it was a few days ago.
http://finance.google.com/finance?q=heelys

Jan 18, 2008Wesker

Heelying is something you do in a skatepark and Soaping is something you take to the streets.

Both fun in their own way.

It's like how some skateboarders just stick to street and some like doing halfpipes.

Jan 18, 2008Slidey

Nice Skillz, I've always hated vert when I'm skating though.

Always thought things where u need to turn around are hard to "flow"

Jan 19, 2008SapAuthor

Meh, im impartial. I agree with Renny though, they blew a ton of cash on that, and we get very little $$, at all. Although i have to give them props for being smart with their location, little kids is their market and they hit up disney world, most ppl there are also on vacation so they spend a lot of money.

But yeah, still for kids, our shoes are not. I'm not out to compete with Heelys, just we are there to take up where Heely's leaves off. Very, VERY few people want to have heelys highschool and up, SOAPs have been selling to teens and young adults, and even older adults. I recall even 29, and 34, lots of 18-22s, etc.

Jan 19, 2008AnthoFlex

I would honestly have to say no less than $10,000 was spent on that Disney Demo

Jan 20, 2008rhinoskater30

Heelys are okay, but I can't take grown men seriously when they do this. Kids, well, alright I guess. It just pisses me off that these little kids can spin around on wheels and get sponsored, even if they don't make money.
It's much harder skating and stuff.

And if you noticed in the video, that half-pipe doesn't have much a a curve. It's pretty flat making it less "extreme." I know it's just Heelys though.

Heelys, not XGames stuff, I don't care, except I care for Soaps, just Soaps.
And maybe Nike's.

Jan 20, 2008AnthoFlex

I wouldn't wanna see soap in the X games either

Both the inventor of Heelys, and the CEO of HSL are trying to get Heelys into the olympics. I could believe my eyes when i read that. I honestly don't see how they can pull that off

Jan 20, 2008AnthoFlex

*couldn't believe my eyes*

sorry, I was thinking faster than I was typing

Jan 20, 2008Megashadow77

"And Here we are at the 100 meter Heely!"
"yes, today is a great day, George, as Ben Wheelz, takes on Dan Heelz."
"And they're off! Ben has the lead! oh! Crabwalk!"
"That'll get him points in style!"
"The three people in the crowd are going crazy!"

Jan 20, 2008AnthoFlex

Really no need to make fun, its just not something to be in the olympics, thats all.

Despite all these "impressive" rolling skills, Heelers lack trick style. And if you don't know what that means, go look at a vert skateboarding and look at the difference. Because im not going to explain it here

Jan 20, 2008SpiderSoaper

that's the thing about soaps, Chris Morris never really intended soaping to be a "New sport", it was jus for fun, unlike heelys, where on the box of a heelys shoe says that it is a new sport

Jan 20, 2008AnthoFlex

spider's got it.

Also the oNe video box description reads:

SOAP Shoes are just meant for messing around with, for having fun anywhere at any time. You can grind on curbs, rails, in the mall, at the park, teacher's desk, fast food counter tops, the sky's the limit. There are, however, a few nutty kids out there that seem to take this thing a little too seriously. These guys take these slippery shoes thing that is just supposed to be fun and almost make it look hard, or look almost like (dare I say it) an extreme sport. Remember, Soaping is NOT a sport. But, if you want to see some of the most insane tricks on shoes, you will find them in this 35 minute Soaping video. Enjoy!

Jan 20, 2008AnthoFlex

er, not the box. At least i don't think so. But on a few sites and the original soapshoes.com description shows that

Jan 20, 2008SpiderSoaper

also i hate how some bladers hate soaps, look into any comments on soap shoes videos on youtube, its jus for fun, sum bladers would actually like the shoes, u can grind in skate prohibitted places, and telented bladers would actually be sick with soaps

Jan 20, 2008AnthoFlex

The only blader who is really good that i've actually seen who give soaps props is Anthony Soto. Everyone knows that Anthony Soto is the coolest

Jan 20, 2008SpiderSoaper

yea he's cool, so is chis haffey, and franky morales, ben schwab, alex broskow, chris farmer, those are my 6 favorite bladers, imagine them with soaps

Jan 22, 2008rhinoskater30

Yeah, Heelys or Soaps really just aren't meant to be sports. They're cool and you can do lots of tricks, but they're kinda limited. With skateboards you can do a lot of tricks, but there's tons of other stuff. You got trucks, bearings, wheels, shoes and clothing sponsors. Soaps are just Soaps.

With Heelys, you can say you did a 360, but once you've done it, it's no big deal. It's also not as "extreme." My definition of extreme is dangerous and unless you're being an idiot, Heelys just aren't that dangerous.

But hey, HSL is making money so whatever.
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
Oliver Reed hittin a Royale down the S rail at Wash U
Bryndon with a royale on some bleachers
David Plasse sliding a handrail and sportin the afro.
Carter Bair soaping for the first time
Derek Brooks hittin a Frontside