Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
totalling the cost
Jul 30, 2007 by iwantsoapshoes

okay, seeing as i dont know how to translate american currency into english.

here's what i need help with.

1 pair of soap express, us 12:
$55.77

and priority mail, which i know is £16.00.
so obviously, i want you to help me total the cost in £s

Replies

Jul 30, 2007sam

about: 27.55

Jul 30, 2007Go2Crew

At today's FX rates: USD$55.77 = GBP£27.57
GBP£16.00 = USD$32.40

Great FX currency conversion rate website -- www.oanda.com (use the FX Converter under Currency Tools, on the left side of the home page, with the appropriate currency codes.

-- Steve

Jul 30, 2007iwantsoapshoes

thanks steve

Jul 30, 2007sam

*ahem*

you dont deserve a thanks, you where 2 pence off. naah, im joking, thanks

http://www.youtube.com/v/Wohut07VALw">http://www.youtube.com/v/Wohut07VALw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Jul 30, 2007Go2Crew

Thanks from me, Sam. What's a tupence among friends?
Say iwantsoapshoes, I'm curious. What's Shiner Ltd. (Heely's distributor for the UK) having the Retailers charge for the Express at point-of-purchase? I'm guessing about £75.00 Is that anywhere close? ---Steve

Jul 30, 2007sam

Haha, thanks for the link though steve, that'll be way eaiser to convert with.

uuhh. steve. tupence was discontinued about 50 yrs ago. thats why i cant get any penny sweets these days..

and shiner is heelys bitch, i consider it tratoirus(if thats how you spell it) to even type in half of there address

Jul 30, 2007RamenRadio

Steve, how much does it cost total for a pair of express size 12 to be shipped to East Islip NY?

Jul 30, 2007dunk

Steve... I hadn't realised how cheap you were selling those Expresses at. You're right at about £75 but a lot of places are selling below RRP at around £65. Back when we were doing all the promo stuff with Shiner just as HSL were taking over the show I remember Charlie saying Shiner were obligated to carry a range of Heelys if they wanted to continue stocking Soap Shoes. Financially it was probably the best decision they ever made. Shortly after that Charlie got a spanking new drop top and Shiner built a brand new warehouse to accommodate extra stock.

Jul 31, 2007RamenRadio

Dunk, could you elaborate a little, I'm a little confused about what you are talking about lol. Sorry.

Jul 31, 2007Megashadow77

....*reads Dunk's comment.*

*Confusion*

Jul 31, 2007dunk

iwantsoapshoes: "shiner is heelys bitch, i consider it tratoirus"

Shiner don't have a lot of choice in the matter. If they want to stock Soap Shoes they HAVE to stock Heelys (at least, that was the stipulation at the time... 2004ish I think?). Charlie (the guy in charge of Soap UK at Shiner) wasn't too hot on the idea but then Heelys hit the big time and made them mucho dollaro and everyone was happy.

Jul 31, 2007dunk

the end

oh... and the expresses look so damn cheap to me 'cos the US's economy is going down the shitter meaning we have an awesome $ to £ exchange rate. Hehe.

Jul 31, 2007ZOMGSCORCHERS

Hey, wtf iwantsoapshoes, why did you post my vid... grrr, you could ask.

u live in the uk right?

my expresses came at £41.00, I think including PP and that was the airmail that takes a week and a half.

Jul 31, 2007Megashadow77

ZOMGSCORCHERS....do you want a hug?

Jul 31, 2007iwantsoapshoes

i do!!

Jul 31, 2007Megashadow77

then go hug a tree, BOTH OF YOU.

Goddamn hippies.....

*hippy voice* chill, dude, the lord will save us some time, in the meantime, d'ya want some magic mushrooms?

Jul 31, 2007Megashadow77

Sorry dude, I don't play that shit, I'm a hippy exterminator.

Jul 31, 2007Slidey

Hahahaa Megashadow77, that comment was soo un-needed but SOOOO funny =P

Jul 31, 2007Page645

then michael we are two opposites if you are a hippy exterminator

Jul 31, 2007Megashadow77

Oh no no no, I do not exterminate ALL Hippies. I mean the pothead ones, that rebel against the system, say the word Groovy, and live in their parent's basements.

Jul 31, 2007Page645

then nvm

Jul 31, 2007ZOMGSCORCHERS

*snif* Damn you iwantsoapshoes, my dream has been crushed.*snif* Meh screw that, any hoo getting back to the subject...

as I said can get u.k size 8 from steven (u.s size 9) with a week and a half postage and packaging for around £40 to £50, mine cost (I think) £41.00 that's everything Soap Shoes and P&P, p.s. stop posting my vid, grrr.

I'm serious.

i only poested it because i wanted to see if embedding would work.
and im gonna use it as my sig now, sorry.

nah, im jokin. i aint that evil.
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
Bryndon Smith hittin a Frontside the Iowa City Kink
Aaron Taraboletti hittin a Frontside
Jordan Thompson hittin a Frontside
Derek Brooks hittin a Frontside
Dunk hittin a Unity during the UKFSW Trip to Leicester, July '04