Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
The Newark Museum.(In NJ.)
Apr 30, 2008 by Spano565

I was at the newark museum 2 weeks ago for my school trip, then i spotted some dude grinding down this rail by the lobby with ordnances (Flints.) so natrually i was talking to the dude for about 50 mins. on my lunch break that we got during that day, and he was pretty cool we were talking about how soaps went under and how we have a site (Solidgrind.com) that's really dedicated to soaps, i told him about the shop,ect.Ok long story short, he's soaped for 3 years, is a huge supporter, and his name is Jeff.I didn't get a chance to exchange numbers or anything with em' but it was good to talk with a guy who loves the activity like i do. I also forgot to tell Jay that i was going to the museum that day which sucks we could of hanged out for a bit. The museum its self has nice long rails great for soaping but i didn't have any soaps so. If i go there again i'll let ya know Jay. I'm still amased that someone there had soaps, damn.
Replies

Apr 30, 2008Kain

why were you so amazed?

It just means soaps are getting popular again
:)

Apr 30, 2008Spano565

Well Kain, hmmm.. you don't exactly see soaps on everybodys feet now do you.All i meant was it was cool that someone has the same interest as me.

May 1, 2008SpiderSoaper

Seriously?, another soaper with my name? shoes? and location? have the planets allined? weird i have to locate this soaper, the meuseum is downtown where i soap sometimes (hardley never)

May 1, 2008Spano565

I thought your first name was Jason and last was Jefferson.Anyway, the dude was pretty cool.

May 1, 2008SpiderSoaper

my name is Jefferson , my last is Molina, jay is wat people i know call me

May 1, 2008AnthoFlex

Thats wierd.

The only time i've ever seen another person wearing soaps that i didnt know who they were was this dude on the Q58 bus.

He had the smoke scabs with gray Originals

May 1, 2008SpiderSoaper

well, where were ur business cards then? (lol just playin) but yea signs are showing soaping is getting somewhat bigger, think about it, there are probably alot of them, who dont even have accounts on hear, looks like many old things have come back, hell it's even happening in the cinemas (old movies are having sequals, sorry off topic)

May 1, 2008Spano565

I don'tt mind going a little off topic, but yeah the popularity of Soaps in Ny/Nj is getting better, with the news coverage we got at the demo, soap stickers slapped all over the place in ny (You new york boys love them stickers. jk), and then just wearing soaps and telling people about it is advertising it.I hope this kinda stuff continues to happen.

May 1, 2008SpiderSoaper

Ny boys love soap stickers, lol, kinda true, a friend of mine who knows about soaps(because of me), he said he went to an AMC theatre in NYC, and said he saw a soap sticker on a rail, probably Antho's work or the other NY guys

May 1, 2008Spano565

Yeah lol.

May 1, 2008AnthoFlex

werd, betta recognize, haha

May 1, 2008SpiderSoaper

renny, do u know who might have put it there?

May 1, 2008Spano565

*cough,*cough Aj's dirty work.lol jk.

May 1, 2008SpiderSoaper

*cough* is it really dirty?*cough* did u reply to email *cough*

May 1, 2008Spano565

Yep i replied.

May 1, 2008SpiderSoaper

damn though, it would have been cool to see u Joe, i live right near the Meuseum, i couldve just walked there.

May 1, 2008AnthoFlex

Yea, it was def me. If it was anywhere in NYC, it was most likely me

May 1, 2008SpiderSoaper

cool

May 1, 2008Altman

Nah, I don't call NYC my stomping grounds. Long Island and East Islip is where I roam and you can damn near bet that there are some Soap stickers plastered around EI. Most of them are Travis and Keith's work but if you look in weird places, like on the inside of the little door on those blue mailboxes or even on the inside of a stormdrain, you can bet it was my doing. When I slap stickers I don't want them to be obvious. I want them to be something you see out of the corner of your eye and then make you go back and look at it later.

May 1, 2008Spano565

@jay- I'm a dumbass, i'm still pissed off about it.We coulda done some cool shit.@aj- Yo, when i'm over in long island to visit my cousins, maybe we could meet-up and soap.Or if your in NYC we could get Jay (Maybe.),Travis,and Renny to hang out and soap the city.Tell me what you think.

May 1, 2008Spano565

Don't press the link, i messed up.
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
James Spino and Loren Dallabetta hittin a Double Frontside
Corey Desrochers hittin a Alley-opp Cheese Grater
Alexei Tajzler hittin a Sidewalk
Derek Brooks hittin a Alley-opp Mizuo
Wasted Neighbor hittin a Drunken Frontside