Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
SSsoapshop Crew Section finally up
May 4, 2008 by AnthoFlex

I held off on it for awhile, but I stopped giving a shit about things told to me and decided to put it up.

Getting rid of that old flimsy point system and list (which had about 35 people, some of which didnt even soap probably) and put up the official SSsoapshop crew page.

Rather than explaining what it is, just go check it out for yourself...I'm going soaping, l8r

www.SSsoapshop.com/crew.html
Replies

May 5, 2008Spano565

Yo, that's fuckin sick renny, nice.When i get my friend over my house and my express i'm gonna try and make the best sponsor vid. i've ever made.Dammnnn this is fucking sick.Expect to see a link too my vid. in your inbox soon.(Well in about 4-5 weeks, maybe 5-6 depending on how busy i am.Also how long should the vid be?About 2mins-2.5 mins. long.The reason i'm saying it's gonna take a bit is because i'll need to get all the sickest spots in and out of town, plus editing the overall footage.

May 5, 2008Spano565

Prepare to see some sick shit, maybe i don't have the most talent but i'll make up for that with variety in tricks, jumping high, and having the balls to do huge ass vert rails.I like this idea a lot.(The team.)

May 5, 2008wyattpeterson

yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!! the page looks fucking sick

May 5, 2008xJeremiahx

Nice layout. It looks good.

May 5, 2008SapAuthor

Nice one bro ;) Now, we need to start finding some of the talent out there, but i agree with you, we got to find ppl who are not only good soapers but also true to the cause.

May 5, 2008Sakkage

Awesome, man. So its just the two of you... Or is it still under construction?

May 5, 2008SapAuthor

just us two, the former SSS team is disolving becuase there were too many noobs who signed up but never did anything. We want this team to be the next relate, at least a really kick-butt team.

May 5, 2008Kingyo

Awesome! Too bad the old team went down to two. Oh well, I'm sure you guys can find new talent around!

Good luck! =D

May 5, 2008AnthoFlex

I dunno about dissolving. I just decided to take everyone off and do things the professional way, with a new layout and everything new

May 5, 2008Kingyo

Well, it's still refreshing to do so and you did a nice job at it. =)

May 5, 2008AnthoFlex

thanx. I'm thinking about what else to add, but i really don't think there is anything else to add =\

May 5, 2008Hattmac02

too bad im not good enough for a pro soap team u should have an am team

May 6, 2008Spano565

Yeah but a kick- ass am team, not complete noobs.You have to represent your team right.

May 6, 2008AnthoFlex

I was thinking about an AM and perhaps Flo teams, but how do i distinguish between em?

tell you guys what, start sending in videos and i'll judge from there

May 6, 2008Spano565

Or you could use a point system like this:
1:(1 would mean not am or pro material.)Not good enough like lacking style,trick variety, and also poor representation.(Because you want some one to look professional.)
2:(2 means AM matetrial like is decent at repping the team/shop, and just decent overall but can do a bit of each like handrais ledges,curbs,ect. And maybe might not be the best but still a better then the average soaper.)
3: (And last but not least is Pro the guys that rip on anything with an edge these guys got to have balls,style,trick variety, and still got to rep the shop really good because they ARE THE FACE OF THE TEAM.)

Now Renny and trey once you see a vid. you give it a number and that's that.I really hope you take this advice i think it'll help you guys any soaper.Also if you don't do this then the next best thing i reccomend to do is just make an all pro team. i really hope you use my first suggestion, i eally thought it out. - joe

May 6, 2008xJeremiahx

I'll try to get a video in within the next couple weeks. Life is pretty crazy these days.

May 6, 2008Spano565

Jeremiah what do you think about my point system thing?

May 6, 2008Spano565

bump..

May 6, 2008AnthoFlex

I think imma go with my own gut on this. Point systems are retarded. Its like giving a 5th grader a cookie because he got a math problem right

May 6, 2008Spano565

I was actually more so trying to categorize how you could point out the skill level of a soaper.I'm not sure how that sounds like your rewarding a 5th grader with a cookie tho, you would just have 3 different levels that's all.Anyway i'm gonna stick with my idea, but since your part owner of the shop it's not my decision.I hope the team turns out good.

May 6, 2008sam

Yeah, only one pro team is my vote. You guys can make your own teams, and show everyone what you can do, if you feel your not good enough to get sponsered.

May 6, 2008AnthoFlex

I wasnt attacking your idea about the point system. Although it was more organized than the old one, it still wouldnt work

I was reffering to the old system with the 5th grader thing

May 6, 2008AnthoFlex

Yea, you cant fuck around with ACTUAL sponsorship

May 6, 2008Spano565

Oh ma bad.And i know you can't fuck around with that shit it's either one way (One idea.) or a million different ideas.(Which isn't good if you know what i mean.

May 6, 2008xJeremiahx

I kind of like the point system but it's definitely not right for any sort of pro team.

Here is my $0.02

I say there should be 2 levels.

Pro for the sic soapers that are around the relate level.

Am for the good soapers who are at an amature level and also try their hardest to promote soaping and the shop.(not sponsored but still part of the team)

May 6, 2008AnthoFlex

then that'd be everyone. I dunno, all of this seems too complicated. I'm now thinking i should just take it down until i can think of a system that works.

Plus, noone is sending me shit. How can i add people if noone is sending videos? Is anyone even soaping anymore?

May 6, 2008Kingyo

I say go with your gut feelings Antho, most of the time, it's always right thing to do. ;D

May 6, 2008xJeremiahx

Like I said. Give me a couple weeks to do a decent edit of the footage I have and to get more footage and I will post up some stuff.

I think you should leave it up as is for now. And don't let anything said here change how you guys want to do your shop. I'll be supporting you guys 100% no matter what.

May 6, 2008Kingyo

Well said man, well said. =)

May 6, 2008Spano565

Yeah i'll be sending in a vid. (In DVD form.) but do you want it mailed or or like in a e-mail with a link?Anyway i've been supporting everyday for a while now and have went to 7 skate shops,2 pac-suns, and 4 Journeys in the previous month and they all said no to selling soaps, but i keep going and i'll keep supporting you guys 100% aswell.(The only thing with the vid. is i'll be waiting on my express.)

May 6, 2008Sakkage

I don't have a video camera, but my camera has a video clip setting... is there a certain format you can accept? Don't get your hopes up, haha, it's gonna be a while before I can do anything... I just picked up my soaps last week.
I've been wearing my soaps around and talking to as many people as possible about them. Some shrug it off, but others seem really interested! Its like any kind of prospecting- you just gotta keep at it! Maybe only 1 out of 10 people are going to be interested. BUT if that 1 person tells 10 more people...eventually you will see the difference :)
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
Brennan hittin a Backside
soapy hittin a UFO on a home made box
Oliver Reed hittin a Royale on the way to the STL Demo
Aaron Taraboletti hittin a stickin a backslide
Louis Selby hittin a Farf