Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
Replacing/reparing Express Plates
Nov 13, 2008 by Revengasaur

Okay, so I was wondering if any of you have tried this... one of the plates in my expresses has fully worn through. Is there some kind of plastic cement that will dry hard enough to grind on? I was thinking probably not. The shoes are still fine except for that hole in the plate and I want to be able to use them still.
Replies

Nov 16, 2008Revengasaur

I bet I'm the only one on here anymore huh?
Well, looks like I'll be talking to myself then.

Okay, so I ripped the plate off and looked at what I'm dealing with, and (not surprisingly) The shoe and plate are curved to fit together. I have a plastic cutting board and a hack saw, but I don't think I'm gonna be able to cut out the curvature of the sole. Now I'm thinking of just taking a pair of other shoes and cutting them apart with the hacksaw and putting in home-made slipknot plates. If I do this I'll photo-document it for you guys.

On another note, my GF just got some t-bones off ebay, and we're gonna go soaping today.
:)

Nov 16, 2008azerate218

Cool man. tell us hao that works out!;)

Any way... i was thinking if it's possibel to make a mold of an express plate and then melt an old one in to the mold? i'l try that one day, and let you guys know what hapend.

Nov 17, 2008Altman

Yeah, you can't replace Express plates. Doing so will seriously fuck up your shoe. I only know of one time an Express plate replacement was done successfully but it was done over a lengthy amount of time and took way too many resources. You're better off just getting a new pair of Soaps.
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
Zach larson with a Christ Grind in a Des Moines parking garage
Derek Brooks hittin a Alley-opp Mizuo on the new Broadsides
Oliver Reed hittin a Royale on the way to the STL Demo
Ryan hittin a Royale
Amy Gerein hittin a Fastslide (see, chicks can soap too)