Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
ITT: Tricks
Jun 13, 2013 by Revengasaur

Let's talk about tricks. Ones you've done, ones you'd like to do, tips, etc.
Replies

Jun 13, 2013kowalski

So far I always do backside Royales.

Today I practiced 180 backside UFOs. So in a few days that will be my second trick.

Jun 13, 2013Revengasaur

I'll start it off by saying That I have always had trouble with unity/savannah type grinds. I landed my first unity yesterday on my practice rail. Only about three feet of actual grinding, and pretty ugly, but a grind none the less. I'm also currently working on getting my ally-oop cheesegraters back. It's coming along okay.

Jun 13, 2013kowalski

I'd love to be able to do a Unity or a Savannah.

I don't think I'll learn how to do cheesegraters, I don't like the way they look. They clearly take a lot of skill though.

Jun 14, 2013Revengasaur

Cheesegraters look sick if you do them right. You have to be comfortable enough in that odd position to keep your stance tight. I like royales a lot, they are one of the hardest grinds for me to make look stylish/correct. My farfs are pretty solid though. What are you guys thinking about learning, and what cool tricks do you wish you could do?

Jun 14, 2013gongon1037

I practice cheesegraters in my backyard a lot. royales, frontside, and backside as my everyday tricks.

practice makes perfect. maybe you could be as good as this guy lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMxlLyiGKmE lmao

Jun 14, 2013kowalski

I really want to learn farfs now too.

I had a little go at one yesterday. It seems so counterintuitive to drag your legs behind rathr than push them out in front.

Seems like I'm gonna faceplant a few times getting that one right.

Jun 15, 2013Revengasaur

A nicely executed backside farf on a well waxed ledge feels pretty magical. I can't royale too well on anything but my PR, but I'm looking forward to the day that I can stick a wicked royale on a steep handrail.

Jun 16, 2013Revengasaur

Soaps are sick because of the freedom of motion they allow you. I like to include elements of freestyle walking in my soaping. Spins, wallrides/slides, grabs, stalls, all manner of silly things. It's not all about huge rails or technically impressive grinds. Style is key.

Jun 16, 2013kowalski

I started waxing all the places I like to grind in these Uni grounds today.

Way more fun.

Jun 16, 2013Relate2Videos

wax does amazing things

Sep 26, 2013Revengasaur

This was a good thread, let's keep it going.

Sep 26, 2013mcgrinder2011

Yes, let's So far, I'm still learning and have gotten the hang of the backside. Hope to learn royales soon.

Sep 26, 2013gongon1037

I still practice doing a unity in my backyard. I got good in doing cheese graters UFOs and royales. I just need to practice doing these tricks on handrails.

Sep 26, 2013Revengasaur

I have tried a few sidewalks. If you just put yourself on the rail and slide it seems so easy, but jumping into it and learning to balance like that is crazy.

Sep 29, 2013extremesoaper12

I love doing unitys and BS unitys on my practice rail, i actually go pretty far.

Sep 29, 2013VintageGMan

Learnt cheesegrater recently. Just relearnt mizou and makio on small hand rails. Keep killing myself trying to land FS & BS Backslide. Lol

Sep 30, 2013mcgrinder2011

just got the hang of Royales but my balance is terrible and every time I bail I either get licked/bitten to death by my horses or I get a bunch of hay splinters(my practice rail is a feed trough)

Oct 3, 2014Revengasaur

Bump

Oct 8, 2014mcgrinder2011

*bump*
I'm pretty rusty now due to my Sylons breaking and finally fixing them RIGHT after 5 repairs. Now I'm just getting my frontsides/backsides down again on my aunt's stairs.

I'm glad this forum's becoming active again. I finally have reason to not do gaming all the time. but I won't be on a lot since I have some duties on my other forum where I'm the only mod on there.
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
Bart Johnson sliding a handrail at Long John Silvers
Jordan Pushing Aaron off a hand rail. Soap team at it's finest!
Aaron Taraboletti hittin a stickin a backslide
Paul (JMC) hittin a Farfegnugen
Timmy! (the Cornell security guard) hates Soap Shoes