Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
Soaper's chat meeting!!!
Sep 25, 2006 by SapAuthor

This is a more easily visible of the "another small idea" Basically we all voted to have a meeting for all the soapers to chat and combine ideas in real time. The location is http://chat.icq.com/icqchat/chatroom.php?c_id=22"> here . It's the free ICQ chat rooms. Pretty cut and paste, but go there, put in a unique name, then once you are in the chatroom, on the bottom right you need to select the "#sports" chatroom. And you are there!

The Date is September 30. The times are:

9 pm for UK
4 pm for US east cost
3 pm for US central
2 pm for US Mountain
1 pm for US west coast

Don't be late! Hope to see everyone there! post (again possibly) if u plan on going.

Replies

Sep 25, 2006Sigma

Sweet! I'll be there.

Sep 25, 2006snares

nice one, cheers for setting it all up, i shall try my best to make it. (shouldnt be a problem, but as i said - i'm at my girlfriends that weekend, so i may not be able to).

Sep 25, 2006Jard39

im having trouble finding this place

Sep 25, 2006Kile

this is quite complicating...explain it better

Sep 26, 2006gioforeal

gotcha

Sep 26, 2006AnthoFlex

Will do

Sep 26, 2006Sigma

I will try my best to explain it better (feel free to correct me if I make a mistake):
1. On September 30, 2006 there is going to be a Soap chat with various Soapers from around the world.
2. At the time appropriate to your timezone (see list in original post), go to: http://chat.icq.com/icqchat/chatroom.php?c_id=22
3. Enter a Nickname. It can be anything you want just remember that this is most likely what we will be calling you by. Click OK after entering your name.
4. At the bottom right in the box that says Chat Rooms, scroll down and find #Sports and double-click it.
5. You are done! Type your message and click Send to send it to everyone else in the room.

I look forward to seeing everyone there.

Sep 26, 2006shdook

sweet

Sep 27, 2006Jard39

I'll be there

Sep 27, 2006AnthoFlex

Im going to a Heelys demo to go show off sum of my Soaping stuff, i wont be able to make it, most likely not

Sep 27, 2006Jard39

really well post something and tell us how it goes

Sep 27, 2006snares

son of a bitch.
my girlfriends PC has a nasty problem with it, shes had to send it in for repair. i'll be lucky if its back in time for me to make the chat-session.
sorry guys. :(
i guess we'll just have to wait and see eh

Sep 28, 2006SapAuthor

hopefuly u can make it on, but if not, i'll tryt copy the convo so u can read it over later.

Oct 1, 2006SapAuthor

oh shoot i forgot about the meeting >.< Did anyone attend? i was out soaping during the time, totally slipped my mind -.- go figure.

Oct 1, 2006Sigma

I couldn't make it. It was my uncle's birthday and we ended up going out for dinner. If theres ever another though I should be able to attend.

Oct 1, 2006masterbrain0

Huh? There was a meeting? O well, I'm only a *beep* wanna-be soaper... I'm gonna email SOAP and ask them to produce more crowbars...

Oct 1, 2006SapAuthor

master, why u call urself a wanna-be? and theres no poit in emailing them to make more, HSL makes them now, and they are only remaking the express. Try emailing the southernbelt guy on ebay and ask if he has any crowbars in ur size that he could put up.

Oct 2, 2006masterbrain0

whos southernbelt guy?

Oct 2, 2006masterbrain0

Im a wannabe soaper because I have no SOAPs yet. I wanna be a soaper.

Oct 2, 2006SapAuthor

oh lol. And the southbelt guy is the one that has all the soap shoes on ebay from california. Try emailing sending him a message about them.

Oct 2, 2006Sigma

Don't worry man I don't have Soaps yet either. I figured I might as well get to know the community while I'm waiting to get some.

Oct 2, 2006masterbrain0

Well, whats his email?

Oct 5, 2006snares

ok, i missed the chat (girlfriends pute was not back from the repair shop in time).
Did you guys discuss the video at all, or was it just a chill-out chat session.

Highlights please :)

Oct 5, 2006SapAuthor

Um...snare, i don't think anyone went to the soapers meeting, i forgot, and no one elsek new. It was kind of a failure, not sure how to notify people so they don't forget, me including.

Oct 5, 2006Jard39

Maybe sombody woth god memory could email or text message everyone

Oct 5, 2006SapAuthor

thats an idea, take the list from the guestbook and send messages out an hour before the meeting.

Oct 6, 2006Jard39

yay i came up with a idea

Oct 6, 2006Sigma

Yeah that definitely sounds like a good idea. I'd be up to the task of contacting everyone before the meeting. Now if we can just get another set date for the meeting we should be good to go.

Oct 6, 2006snares

nice idea, send out the mail a bit earlier though, an hour is way too short notice. Unless people check their mail a lot, they will miss it.
Maybe send em out a day or two before the event.
maybe we'll get it sorted one day, it was a neat idea.

Oct 6, 2006masterbrain0

Yeah, really good idea. SEND ME ONE

Oct 7, 2006SapAuthor

i was thinking not email, but instant message alerts. There are a lot provided on the guestbook.
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
Ryan Armstrong hittin a Pretty Royale
James Spino and Loren Dallabetta hittin a Double Frontside
Alexei Tajzler and Kyle Lefler hittin a Synchronized Soaping
Kyle Lefler hittin a Cheese Grater
Zack Ricky hittin a Frontside on a long, fat, kinked rail.