Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
BEST PLATE COMBINATION
Aug 10, 2007 by MusicSoaper

I've heard that mixing plates together gave
people better when soaping. So, my question: What is everyones opinion on which plates go good together?
Replies

Aug 10, 2007MusicSoaper

I meant to say better performance when soaping.

Aug 10, 2007SapAuthor

I always have BBK in the leading foot (easier to hit the rail since it's more open) and a Slow bro on the back foot (for much better lock on) That's my favorite combo.

Aug 10, 2007MusicSoaper

Hmmm...interesting combo.

Aug 10, 2007Megashadow77

C-C-C-Combo Breaker!

Aug 10, 2007AnthoFlex

My Octanes on my septums are the best combo i need

Aug 11, 2007MusicSoaper

Well they are known as the best kind of plates around...and they are super rare.

Aug 11, 2007Megashadow77

Yeah, Renny!
*jealous face*

Aug 11, 2007RamenRadio

Renny, you need to start making those octane plates. We all want some!!!!

Aug 11, 2007mgm

Just shave off the sides of some bbks to look like the octanes. hold the plate 90 degrees to a rough ledge and shave off enough material so when you put the plate on the shoe you can see 1/4 inch of the rubber that was previously covered by the plate. After you do that on both sides of the grindplate hold the plate at a 45 degree angle to the ledge and start shaving the plate to the point where when you grind you hit the rubber.

Aug 11, 2007AnthoFlex

Yea, that works

*Grabs brand new BBKs

And musicsoaper, they aren't the best plates. They are freakishly thin...the "O" that sticks out of the hole in most plates is thicker than the octane plate itself.

Going through one tiny little ledge could send them to hell. -_-

Aug 11, 2007matrix8967

wow, that's strange to hear...i figured they'd be fat thick bastards

Aug 11, 2007AnthoFlex

i'll take a pic of them tomorrow morning, im watching Scrubs right now.

Sarah Chalke is hot

Aug 11, 2007MusicSoaper

That kinda explains why the bbks
look so familiar to the octanes.

Aug 11, 2007matrix8967

scrubs is an amazing show.

bbk's are good...i've never combined plates because i don't like things to be uneven...

Aug 11, 2007Megashadow77

I have SloBros for Stairrails, and strongly slanted handrails, and BBKS for everything else.....Except ledges, that shit sucks ass.

Aug 11, 2007AnthoFlex

My gray BBK's (currently on my Blue Cleans) seriously kick ass as well. The Royale groove is my best friend on hand rails.

And the farf side reminds me a lot of the Speedster's groove.

Hold on, imma take a pic...

Aug 11, 2007Megashadow77

How do you guys get mad grooves in the plates? I'm afraid to, as I'm Afraid I'll screw up the plate, especially on my expresses, the little tweak groove it has is now gone, and I'm afraid to try to make my own.

Aug 11, 2007AnthoFlex

a lot of people are scared to make grooves in their express for the same reason. Don't worry, the express is SUPER thick and not only that. This is hard to explain, but here goes:

Lets say you make a groove in your plate that splits the plate in half. Will it screw your soaping up? No, and this is why...

Rails are WIDE and ROUND, while grooves in your plate are THIN and usually wierd shapped. What does this mean? Its like putting the circle piece into the Square hole of a baby's puzzle, no way in hell its gonna fit.

So go ahead, make the groove as DEEP as possible. I'll see if i can make a diagram later

Aug 12, 2007matrix8967

i know what you're talking about renny. i've heard stories of people using wood burners to burn away a line in their plates for lock in. like an octane/slo-bro thing.

Aug 12, 2007Megashadow77

Hm....I wonder if that would work...
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
Dunk's 'Take My Shoe Off' Backslide on the Alexandra Park handrail
Loren dalla betta hittin a UFO on handrail
Jordan Pushing Aaron off a hand rail. Soap team at it's finest!
Marshall Lenhart hittin a UFO
Zach Larson hittin a Royale